PhD position in the field of Behavioral Data Science and Recommender Systems at UiB, Bergen
There is a vacancy for a PhD position at the Department of Information Science and Media Studies within Information Science in the field of Behavioral Data Science and Recommender Systems. The position is for 4 years and 25 % of the time is compulsory duties at the department.
About the project/work tasks:
We are especially looking for candidates who want to work on the research frontiers of behavioral data science with an application to recommender systems; project proposals on online data mining and predictive modelling with an application to recommender systems are particularly welcome, but the position is also open for other qualified applicants within other areas of data science and recommender systems research.
The PhD candidate will be affiliated with the newly to be established Behavioral Data Science & Recommender Systems research lab which is part of the Semantic and Social Information Systems research group of the Department of Information Science and Media Studies.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
* The applicant must hold a master's degree or the equivalent in Information Science, Informatics, Cognitive Science or equivalent
* The degree has to be completed by the application deadline.
* Background within data science and recommender systems is an advantage
* The requirements are generally grade B or better on Master thesis and for the Master degree in total
* Experience from scientific work (e.g., previous publications) is an advantage
* Great motivation for research, interest in the topic and good knowledge of relevant theory and methods
* As an applicant you should be able to work independently
* Proficiency in both written and oral English
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview./p>
For more information about this position, see: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/174051/phd-position
Closing date: 25th September 2019